This is my idea of heaven:
- Wake up early (check)
- Say hello to the sun as it shines in my window (check)
- Enjoy a soft breeze (check)
- The day is warm, but not too hot (check)
- I’m picking strawberries with friends and family (check)
- All of my sisters will all be gathered together by the evening (check)
- There will be a quilting project to finish (check)
By the end of the day, the only thing I won’t be able to check off my list is talking to my dad while we make strawberry jam in the farmhouse kitchen. Heaven will have to wait.
5 thoughts on “It’s a Glorious Summer Day”
A perfect day, indeed. All except the picking. I’ve never enjoyed that (I think I missed that gene, somehow). Time spent with family and friends is always good!
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
What a beautiful day. Glad you got to enjoy it.
Aww, what a nice post. Heaven on earth with your favorite peeps. That’s pretty darn special. Your dad is definitely smiling down on y’all and I’m certain you can feel his presence. ~smile~ Roseanne
That does sounds like a glorious day! 🌞