Bench Pillow — done!

My World Series sewfest has turned into a finished project. Yippee! With my brand new machine quilting stippling skills gaining traction every minute, I feel free to semi-confidently finish some old projects that have been languishing in the “someday” pile for quite some time.

Fall pillow covers for my sofa bench pillows have been a long time on my to-do list . I started out with this just days ago:

IMG_5770[1]

Then I moved to this:

IMG_5767[1]

And now I’m here!

IMG_5779[1]

The bad news — I have two pillows this size and my scrap pre-cut pile is running low on fall colors. I think the coordinating cover for the other pillow will have to wait until next year. 

My barren living room has finally acquired some fall color and warmth. I’ve get to wash the cover soon to see if in fact the term “quilting it out” (as in quilting out the mistakes) is a useful term.

Stand back — there is more to come — I’ll be shrinking that “someday” pile a little more each day.

9 thoughts on “Bench Pillow — done!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s